This document states how Mooma Media Ltd uses and protects any data gathered when you use Mooma Media websites, Mooma Media social media pages or contact Mooma Media by email or telephone. It also covers data, including image and audio data, collected during the provision of our services. In addition, it covers data collected during the course of financial transactions.
Why does Mooma Media collect your information?
- Mooma Media collects and stores contact information to enable correspondence regarding enquires and to enable future contact for marketing purposes.
- Mooma Media collects data that forms elements of its media products (e.g. via photos, videos, sound and text).
What information does Mooma Media collect?
The following information may be collected:
- Your name
- Contact information, e.g. email address, postal address and telephone number
- Demographic information, e.g. postcode, business type, marketing preferences, interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers provided by Mooma Media
- IP address, device type (e.g. desktop or mobile), browser type (e.g. Chrome/Edge/Firefox/Safari)
- Browsing data, e.g. how long you spend looking at each page
- Your image, in either still or moving format, e.g. photographs, videos
- Images of your business’s or organisation’s premises and the contents thereof
- Information disclosed and recorded during production, e.g. soundtracks, text content
- Information used for payment.
What does Mooma Media do with the information it collects?
Mooma Media collects this data to inform its services and in order to provide them. In particular for the following reasons:
- To generate media products in line with core service
- To administer any financial transactions that you might have with Mooma Media
- To improve products and services
- To inform you of Mooma services, i.e. marketing
The legal basis for processing your information
Mooma Media collects this data from you on at least one of the following legal bases:
- That Mooma Media needs to process your data in order to provide products and services that you commission (which includes giving quotations or estimates as a result of an enquiry).
- That Mooma Media has a legitimate interest in doing so for commercial marketing activities, where use of your data is proportionate, has a minimal impact on your privacy and is an activity that you might reasonably expect Mooma Media to be engaged in.
How long does Mooma Media keep your information for?
Mooma Media will only retain your personal data for the minimum time that is necessary to execute our services, unless you have given your explicit consent/made a request (e.g. for backup/revision purposes) for us to store data for longer. For some purposes such as business accounting obligations, this length of time will be determined by legislation.
In the case of image and audio data, which is subject to a model or talent release agreement, permission for perpetual retention by Mooma Media is assumed; your rights under the Data protection Act 1998 and GDPR 2018 not withstanding.
Data will be stored on Mooma Media computer systems, published to any website (and therefore hosting provider) that you commission with Mooma and backed up onto cloud services, which are secured appropriately.
Sharing your information
Mooma Media shares your information with our web hosting company (Heart Internet), cloud storage providers (Apple, Microsoft and Dropbox) and or email services (Google and Virgin Media) for communication, backup and delivery purposes. All of these services are secured
Controlling your information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on Mooma Media’s website(s), tick to agree that your information can be used by Mooma for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to withdraw consent, data retention and the right to be forgotten – If you have previously agreed to Mooma Media using your personal information for direct-marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by email email@example.com. Mooma Media will comply with your request within one month of receiving it. Please note that, in some circumstances, legal obligation may override the right to be forgotten, in which case you will be informed.
- Right of access to your data – You may request details of personal information which Mooma Media holds about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email firstname.lastname@example.org.*
- Right to rectification of inaccurate data – If you believe that any information Mooma Media is holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email email@example.com.
- Right to object to processing of your data – You have a right to object to Mooma Media using your data for marketing under the basis of ‘legitimate interests’ and if you wish to do so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless Mooma Media has your permission or is required to do so by law.
*You may request details of personal information which Mooma Media holds under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR 2018. This is free, but in the case of manifestly vexatious requests, Mooma Media reserves the right to charge an administration fee of £10 + VAT.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email email@example.com.
Mooma Media websites may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that Mooma Media does not have any control over those other websites. Therefore, Mooma Media cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should look at the privacy statement applicable to the website(s) in question.